Sunday 14 June 2009

Rocking It Out In The School Of Life

Things I Have Learnt This Week

  • houses do not clean themselves
  • if an electrical appliance looks like a safety hazard, it probably should not be used
  • some things are better left unsaid
  • Amy’s Kitchen make delicious meals but they are designed to be ugly enough that nobody would pass them off as their own cooking
  • sometimes the person you expect to kick you when you are down is the one who helps you back up
  • being true to myself is more important to me than compromising who I am to fit in
  • I can’t control what anyone else does or says, just how I respond to them
  • all it takes is one person to say, “I believe in you” to make everything feel okay again
  • crack wraps were the missing piece in my self-devised tailor-made food pyramid
  • I worry too much about what people think
  • I don’t say “I love you” enough to the people I would want to hear it
  • everyone needs a little cheerleading squad in their lives, but it’s also a good idea to have your own pom-poms ready
  • the only way to overcome a fear is to face it head on
  • words have a tendency to get lost in translation and can hurt like hell when they do
  • if I get up at 4;30am and go back to bed after breakfast, it’s very likely that I will be half-asleep all day
  • everyone makes mistakes sometimes
  • living in the ‘real world’ requires a lot of compromising, a lot of patience and a lot of compassion
  • I have a very limited vocabulary when it comes to describing good food. My words of choice are: delicious, great, amazing, fabulous (note to self: bookmark a thesaurus)
  • using a list format for posts is awesome when I am feeling lazy makes it easier to formulate my thoughts


Munchables…

I woke up with a Hugh Jass mug of coffee bowl of purple goodness.


Oats, blueberries, Fage and a twist on Emily's PBU (I used almond butter, which I guess makes it 'ABU'?). Emily- you are a GENIUS! According to an online thesaurus, I can describe this as appealing, delectable, delicious, delish, divine, flavorsome, heavenly, inviting, luscious, mouthwatering, palatable, saporous (eh?!), scrumptious, tantalizing, tasty or yummy. I’m going to go with all of them. Yes, it was that good.

Why do they not make more nut butter flavoured things? There is no shortage of bars/cookies/cereals, but why not yogurt, milk, etc? I know we make our own combinations, but there are so many different flavours of yogurts out there but no nut butter ones. I'd pick that over 'lemon chiffon' anyday. (Stonyfield? Yoplait? You reading this?) Or peanut butter hot chocolate? I might need to order some PB2...

Lunch also included (but was NOT limited to) something which could be described the same way as my breakfast, but I won’t write out the whole list again hit “ctrl + p” again.


As much as I love mushrooms and spinach, I really just wanted the hummus. Think I could make a hummus smoothie? Just blend this all up and call it a Chick(pea) Monsteress?

The rest of my food over the last 24 hours has been rather dull in comparison, so I won’t bore you. It’s nothing you haven’t seen before so don’t lose sleep over it… ;)

Question: Live Writer is still not working for me. I can write/format but then can't transfer my post to Blogspot. Does anyone use Live Writer with a blogspot blog? TiPz needed!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I think everyone has trouble coming up with a varied vocabulary to desrcibe their food. I think my most used words are awesome, amazing, wonderful, and delicious. Maybe I'll make up a word. Is that allowed? It's my blog, so I suppose it is.

List style formats are also great for lazy readers ;) Love the mix of funny and insightful things on there. I love the one about Amy's, haha. So true!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Great list!! I wish houses cleaned themselves! That would be so useful :)

I'm not kidding, I googled 'Hummus soup' the other day because I just wanted the flavor of hummus. I didn't come up with much!

Anonymous said...

Haha I agree that Amy's makes everything delicious but nothing ever looks presentable... I don't mind though! And yeah I definitely agree that I only have a few words for describing how good food is... delicious, fantastic, fabulous, amazing.. and i think it ends there ;) I hope you're having a great weekend!

Anne said...

I love your list! Oh, if only houses cleaned themselves. Life would be so much easier.

I totally have a limited handful of words I use to describe food: delicious, awesome, great, flavorful, yummy. Ha. I need a thesaurus, too!

Tina said...

Next week, I'm buying PB again! And I'm going to use Emily's ingenius recipe! It's just.... JESUS I WISH I THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE!... can't describe it any other way...

But could you tell me what your trouble is exactly with live writer? I use live writer for blogspot and it just works fine :S

Love you Ellie!

xxx

Telstaar said...

Oh my so so SOOOOOO Many stories in your list! I am planning on imagining what they could ALLLLL be as I drift to sleep :)

*mwah* xoxo

Olga said...

"I have a very limited vocabulary when it comes to describing good food. My words of choice are: delicious, great, amazing, fabulous"

UM, YES. I'm the exactly same way. I think the word "delicious" is used the most in my blog :)

dietlexy said...

hazelnut hot chocolate is amazing! try it by options xx

Anonymous said...

Ha! I always run out of descriptive words for "GOOD LOOKIN' FOOD too!" Always! I love the list though, everything you said was so true, and I can definitely relate to it all! :)

Your oats breakfast looks similar to the one I just ate!! I just loveeeeee blueberries in my oats now, I can't go more than a day without 'em!

curlytop said...

Ellie,

I'm so glad you tried Pbu!!!! It's so delish I couldn't keep it to myself... although I did very briefly consider patenting the stuff and selling off jars on Ebay. But then I got stuck trying to figure out how I would keep it cool if it had to shipped anywhere farther than an hour away from my little dwelling and decided to post the recipe instead. ;P

Have a lovely Sunday!

With Love,

Emily

Anonymous said...

hi hun,
i love the list of things you learned :) especially the one about facing fears head on..i completely agree!!

that breakfast looks so pretty n purple haha!

have a great sunday girlie
xxxx

janetha said...

highlight of this one? "if an electrical appliance looks like a safety hazard, it probably should not be used". i love you. and i hope you have all your limbs in tact if you did use said appliance.

the live writer is working for me but i am a wordpress junkie! sorry :/

lists are the best. i make lists about what i should make a list of. i think im a tad OCD when it comes to list making. and if i do something NOT on my list, i add it on there so i can cross it off. i never claimed to be normal...

oh and the thesaurus words rocked my world. thanks for that.

xo!

Healthy Beach Bum said...

those are the cutest oats ever! (i never thought I would say that sentence lol) but seriously... I am loving how they are purple! <3
i am also lovin your list.. everything you say is SO true.

Joy said...

I hope companies listen to your suggestions more than they listen to mine! I've been petitioning for a Peanut Butter & Fluff/Marshmallow Pop Tart for like 3 years! :)

Gina; The Candid RD said...

You are so great. I LOVE your list. And, I worry way too much about what people think about me too. Actually, I should say I used to. I was much worse in high school and college, now I've realized how stupid it is to expect that EVERYONE will like/love me. I mean, come on. If someone doesn't like me/thinks I'm wierd/thinks I'm annoying/whatever, then that just means I should stay away from him/her and move on with my life.

I also seriously agree with you on the yogurt. Don't yogurt companies have someone that reads "foodie blogs"? All it would take is one employee to get paid to go online and see that EVERY BLOGGER IN THE WORLD blogs about yogurt mixed with peanut butter at least once in their blogging career.

You need to submit that idea, fast!

Unknown said...

I love the list - and houses definitely need to clean themselves. It would be amazing.

The Abu sounds good. :) And 4 dollar Clif Bars? I am so, so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I use Windows Live Writer, and I did it for blogspot when I was using blogspot. Did you hit the blogs button on top? And the add blog account? And hit publish after you write?
haha, I like your list. Some precious thing you've learned...but the more important thing is what you're gonna do abt it! lol.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha omg i loved this post. It was absolutely fabulous but what other could I expect from you! I sooo use the same words to describe food I like. I think that we should all just utilize the thesaurus and rotate our adjectives on a regular basis haha

Your lists are always soooo save-worthy. I think part of it is that so much of what you have to say is exactly what I am thinking. Twinsies in other realms of life much? I think so.

You're amazing. End. Of. Story.

Brandi said...

i love the things you learned this week - some of them are weekly occurrences for me :)

Cassandra said...

a thesaurus..... lol IDK bout that... you see I have a thesaurus and I feel like my words are sometimes better sounding then there's.... I don't get it I guess.. lol

Also if I wasn't Technologically "special" and Technology didn't hate me so, I'd help you but unfortunately everything that has a micro chip or w.e. dies on me so yea :) lol
* all of your food looks so tasty and fresh... it's 1 am and I'm hungry now after looking at your picts.
xo